Android smartphones (Samsung / LG / Blackberry KeyOne)
- Create a folder in your preferred location on your PC called Phone Backup
- Connect your Android smartphone to your PC using the USB cable supplied with the phone.
- You should then get a notification on the phone screen prompting you to allow a connection between your phone and the PC (note: the appearance of this notification varies between different devices)
- Once the connection has been allowed, navigate to 'This PC' / 'My Computer'. You will then see the connected handset as a removable device (in the same way as you would see an inserted USB drive).
- Double click on the device icon to access the contents of the phone. (Note: if at this point you see no content in this folder, it means the connection has not been allowed as detailed in step 3).
- Copy relevant folders from the phone to the Phone Backup folder you created (you'll see several folders that contain your photo's, video etc.). Note that some device folders contain 'system files' and it is not necessary to copy these.
Alternatively you can use Apps like OneDrive and Dropbox to automatically backup all your camera images on the cloud. If you do use one of these, please ensure that under the App Settings, it is set to only upload when connected to Wifi, otherwise you could incur excess Data Charges.