Activating your SIM (if required)
Your new phone uses a Nano SIM - there are now 3 different SIM card sizes as shown below. They are;
- Standard SIM (used by BlackBerry Pearl, Nokia devices)
- Micro SIM (used by Smart Turbo 7, XCover4, all BlackBerry devices, except Pearl, Classic & Passport)
- Nano SIM (used by all other Samsung, Vodafone, LG, Huawei devices, and BlackBerry Classic, Passport)
- Using the SIM card tray tool provided with the phone (or a paperclip if you can't find the tool), locate the SIM Card Tray and press in the small hole on this to pop out the tray.
- Your current SIM may already a Nano SIM, first check to see if it is pre-cut for the Nano SIM as shown above, which means you can just push it out of the current one and put into new phone and is ready to use and you can ignore steps 3 & 4 (this is only on newer SIM cards).
- If not, we will need to transfer your number to a new SIM card, this will need activating before you can use the new device to make or receive calls/texts, but you may like to connect to WiFi to set up email/apps and get used to the device before switching over
- To organise swapping your mobile number to your new SIM, please email email@example.com or open a new helpdesk request, supplying us with your Mobile Number and 16-Digit Number on your NEW SIM