To take a screenshot:
- Ensure that the item you are trying to show is visible on the screen
- Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard.
Key may be labeled PrtScn.
- Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.
(Windows Key > type 'Paint')
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste.
If prompted to enlarge the image, choose Yes.
Optional: Use the image editor's crop tool to crop out unnecessary portions of the screen shot.
- Go to the File Menu and select 'Save as'.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.
- Type a file name for the image.
- Select a file type.
- Click the Save button.
1. Hold the Alt key down while pressing Print Screen to capture only the active window.
2. Generally the GIF format works best when saving screen shots of application windows. The JPEG format usually makes screen shots (especially those with text) blurry, blotchy and discolored.