BBM is a popular messaging app within the community.
See below for steps to get BBM up and running and troubleshoot any issues.
Before you begin:
- Click here for IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding BBM
- For best results, ensure your device is updated to the latest version of Streamline3
- This guide assumes you have BBM already installed. If not, please see here for a guide to install apps from Play Store
- If reinstalling, you will need the Blackberry ID username and password you created when first setting up BBM - UBT don't create these logins and will not be able to provide this information for you.
- To reset your password using the original email address that you signed up with please click here.
Sign in with Existing BBM - Follow these steps if you've used BBM before
|1. Tap the BBM Icon to launch the BBM app and Accept all permissions that pop up||2. Tap Sign In|
|3. Tap Sign in with an email address||
4. Enter your BBID Username (usually your email address) and Password, then tap Sign In.
Your phone may ask if you want to Switch BBM to your new device, if this is the case, tap Continue
|5. Tap Skip||
6. Tap Skip to continue with your existing set of BBM contacts from your last device, or tap OK if you want to text all of your phone contacts and invite them to BBM (care is recommended with this function).
Your BBM will now be ready for use.
Setup New BBM - Follow these steps if you haven't used BBM before
1. Tap the BBM Icon to launch the BBM app and Accept all permissions that pop up
2. Either tap Sign up with an email address (this must be an address that hasn't been associated with BBM in the past) OR enter your mobile number details.
3. Enter your Name, Email Address and password (this will be a new one, not an existing one) then copy the verification code (this will be different on your phone) and tap Create Account
4. You will be sent an message with a 4 character code to the email address/mobile number you entered in Step 2. Enter this code and tap Verify.
Your BBM will now be ready for use
Clear BBM data - Use these steps only if you're having issues with BBM. Note that this will delete all BBM conversations from your device. You will also need to know your BBM login and password before performing these steps.
- Press and hold the BBM App
- Tap Uninstall
- Locate Play Store and open, then locate the BBM app and Install it again.